Frosty Valentine
The sun was out today, and of course I wouldn't miss another photo walk. After the snow yesterday and last night, Evanston is officially white, except where the cars run which is always always yucky. Took a walk during mid-day towards the beach around Centennial Park. It wasn't so cold when I left the house, but after a while the wind just got my toes some serious frostbites! But I would have to say, Lake Michigan looks amazing! The other day I could only see icy rocks, and water was still water. Today it's all frozen, with very interesting surface texture too. I don't know how much weight it could take, but I really wanted to try walking on the ice. Of course I didn't try.. afraid it would crack hehe.. So my first walk didn't last so long as my feet couldn't handle it. Decided to walk downtown to grab some hot coffee and warm myself up, got into Peet's, about to order, and then realized I forgot my purse! Great.. Lucky I hadn't ordered yet - that'd have been really embarrassing. Plan B, Park-E! (that is short for Park Evanston which is the apartment bldg nextdoor). Have to thank Kuk for letting me stay for a while :)

Second walk, basically walked back home and detoured towards the Lake again. This time, got a better view of the endless frozen lake. It looked as if we could walk to downtown Chicago from there. Some parts of the walkway weren't plowed, so it was fun walking with half my legs under the snow. But again, after a while as the sun was setting it got much colder. Pitstop was Norris center as always.. This time I got to have my hot latte at Starbucks sa tee ;)

More on flickr: my wintertime in Evanston album ja..
No comments:
Post a Comment