Thursday, March 1

Viajeros Lunch

Didn't get to write about the Peruvian Lunch at Jorge's the week before. As an intro to the Spring break trip, Jorge invited us to his place for his home-cooked Peruvian lunch. I had no idea what a Peruvian dish would look like, so I was really eager to find out. The dish he prepared was called "Aji de Gallina" or chilli chicken, although it didn't look red at all because the chilli is yellow. Basically it is chicken strips with yellow creamy sauce, served with rice, potatoes and boiled eggs. I asked for extra chilli sauce on the side, and man! that was good! Again you know how crazy I am for chillis.. According to our trip leader, Peruvian cuisine is divided into various regions in the country, and aji de gallina is from Lima/Central coast. He also said he wouldn't let us try this dish when we're in Peru, so we can't compare his cooking with the locals hehe. But it was actually very nice. And I tried to search for some photos of the dish, and apparently he's pretty close :)


Comparison: from online vs. our featured cook's :)

Introducing Aji de gallina to the group...

Now that I've heard so much about how great the food is there, I really can't wait! Hoping I won't gain too much weight during the two weeks.. Otherwise Spring quarter would have to involve serious exercise to prepare for graduation..

No comments: