a token
Just a little token could actually brighten up my day..
They say you get what you give. For today, I didn't get what I give, but rather a little something more. I only gave a small change, but then I got a big smile on my face in return. A son, and a father, walking slowly in the soi. It's probably a familiar sight for most people in the area. The father is blind, and the son walks in front of him, letting him hold his arm while he sings through the microphone which is connected to a small speaker in the old man's tiny backpack. I don't imagine it's of any great quality, but to both of them it's probably what they live on each day. Many times I walked pass them. Today I stopped to give them something, and listen. The kid's quite a singer actually, and he does keep his trend to what's hip and hit too. But the thing that made me smile..was simply a little thank you from the father. Plus a wish for a happy new year. I thought it was sweet.. and sincere.. It was my first new year wish :) yeah, he's a bit early, hehe.
Seeing something like this, I feel like an idiot to be going crazy over many little things. Look around, and you see many people with worse problems and difficult situations. And they fight.. to live on. Am I fighting as hard? Surely not. And then you think, wow, you're lucky to be where you are. Perhaps if we actually stop, and look, and listen, once in a while.. we could learn a lot from little things around us. Well, I did have my lesson today. And with that small token, I thank them both for showing me something meaningful in life.
..I'll be seeing them around. With more tokens.. and a new year wish, of course! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment